Marco
If you are concerned about malaria exposure......
Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 15:28

Fellows, you're not going to get a prophylactic effect (quiet Puffy) from drinking Canada Dry or Schweppes tonic water. Back in the day tonic water had loads of quinine, now, not so much. Medicinal tonic water originally contained only carbonated water and a large amount of quinine. However, most tonic water today contains low amount of quinine, and is thus used mostly for its flavor.

I served a year in a malaria red zone in the mid '80's. We had to take one 300mg tablet with every meal a week before going in and every day while there.

I was curious so I looked up how much quinine is in tonic water:

From the amazing fount of knowledge called the internet:
In the United States, the FDA limits the quinine content in tonic water to 83 ppm (83 mg per liter) while the daily therapeutic dose of quinine is in the range of 500–1000 mg and 10 mg/kg every eight hours for effective malaria prevention.

If you're concerned about malaria exposure in the area you're traveling to, go see you Doc. Get a prescription for quinidine sulfate (generic for Quinidex) and take it as prescribed. Too much quinine is bad for your liver and can cause bleeding problems.

Sure wish I was going, malaria be damned! Especially since Alcorn will be wearing his banana hammock and swimming with crocodiles, sure hate to miss that!