Blake
You did you like solids for handgun hunting
Sunday, September 15, 2019, 07:58

It is so funny how everyone has different experience. Solids on sheep are less than spectacular even from a .50 in my experience. It seams deer aren’t real picky on solid or jacket, and hogs it all about size. For me I like a good bonded jacket bullet for everything. On deer the bonded hp opens up and doesn’t exit. Same on hogs unless they or big or you hit bone then they turn in to a solid by shedding the mushroom, and will quite often exit. I have shot clean through the shoulders of a 200lbs hog and broke the hip on another one with one shot from my 41GNR2. And with the same load shot several 90 lbs does in the shoulders and not had an exit. The running joke is “ how do it know” this is the 210gr Speer deepcurl or gold dot bullet at a muzzle Velocity 1800+ FPS. Obviously if you put a hole all the way through anything in the right spot it will die, but I have enough sheep and hogs shot with solids in the right spot to know the animal need to be convinced after the fact. Now I am also sure there are a lot of folks that only hunt with solids with way more experience than me that can shed some light on this
But this is just me from my experience