Larry Fry
I think that Masad was refering to states
Sunday, September 15, 2019, 16:32

like New Jersey, New York etc. that still permit legal carry. His observation was that it was best to stick with the same ammo that the police carry. I was born and raised in Texas and that is a different sort of mind set there compared to say, Kalifornia, New Jorsey, or New Yarrrk.... Florida has a stand your ground law now and still there is always the question of "is use of deadly force justified?" Alabama where I now reside, has the same use of deadly force criteria that Texas has unless someone is in your home at night with a weapon. In that case deadly intent is presumed on the part of the intruder and use of deadly force is justified. We have had a case of that several years ago right down the road from my house. No charges were ever filed nor was ammo used at question there. Using your weapon on another human is never done lightly by anyone with even a little brain power. If you ever need to do so, it pays to make sure no DA out to make a name for him or her self can use you as a scapegoat. So back to WaterBoys original question/observation, I would still stick to what the police carry. BTW, Mr. Ayoob did say he could recommend what the State Police or any other jurisdiction used in the State in question is also an acceptable carry ammo. In Alabama the police are allowed to carry pretty much what they want to within the guidelines established by the police armorer. I have been told a number of different rounds but choose to use something I can handle.