WB
My three most cherished are ...
Monday, June 24, 2019, 20:40

My father's Remington 550 with non-grooved receiver. He sold the GRIT paper in the late 1940's and made enough to buy a Whizzer motorbike. He said it would go about 50 mph. Alas he ended up sliding it under a car. Not too banged up he decided it was not for him. He traded the Whizzer for the Remington, a squirrel dog, and $13 cash. The Remington remains in my possession to pass onto his grand kids.

I have a really nice Winchester M62A hammer pump. It's basically like the old guns I shot as a child at the fair. 3-shots to take all the star out at 10 ft. and you win a prize. 3-shots for a quarter, lots of money back then but my favorite at the county fair. That and the pneumatic machine guns that came later. The 62A has coil springs where the others earlier models had flat springs. It makes me happy.

I have one of the very first "Chipmunks" bolt single shot rifles they ever made. A fellow in Medford, OR was making them in his home shop, I have one. He used very exotic wood blanks and Shilen barrels. I bought it when I was 16 and swore to use it to teach my kids to shoot one day. That's exactly what I did.