WB
We are blessed with a couple really good gunstores
Monday, March 04, 2024, 15:46

There are several pawn shops too for a mixed bag of "what came in this week".

Guns Plus is operated by a very nice lady who was formerly in the business and marketing field. Her husband ran this gunshop in his semi-retirement. He had a heart attack and died. She decided to run the shop herself as she had a strong business background. Luckily she hired on a true local expert and historian, Vietnam Vet too. Together they make a really nice experience and the lady can help out lady shooters as well, from their own unique perspective.

The other is Ozark Outfitters, part of a large local conglomerate. I went to high school with the owner. They have (4-6 brand lines) motorcycles, ATV's, used bikes, boats and RV's. Besides the guns and such. He has multiple locations in a couple states too. They too have some good local guys that are really nice and gun savvy.

It's still a small town setting. Everyone knows everyone, in a town of 25k or so that is probably pretty rare. From black powder to competition long range customs you can about find it here. There are some wheelgun nuts, and I'm one, but we seem to be outnumbered these days.

The Beretta is HUGE, even for a high capacity 9mm, but without the mag, slide open, it is just a big empty hole. Not that much steel it seems. Flimsy slide and barrel assy. is about it. I cannot understand why but from 6 yrs. old shooters to little ladies, everyone around here loves the M92. The modern versions of it are pretty snazzed up with modded ergonomics, optic sight plates, threaded barrels, rails, they have done an amazing job of keeping a 1950's design going. It's sort of a double-wide Helwan to me. It always pointed good.