Gary Reeder
I kinda have to agree with Brent and Charlie. I have
Thursday, May 17, 2018, 09:48

never felt the need to check the headspace on a new gun. And as far as I can remember we have never got a new gun in from any company that required me to do any headspace work. And not to start any arguments but there is really no valid reason to check the headspace on any new gun.

Puffy told me he had friend that did that to every gun he bought. he took it totally apart and checked every part to see if they were up to his expectations. Puff said he also had a high dollar BMW motorcycle and every time he rode it, he took it completely apart and hand rubbed down every part and checked every part all the way down to the tiny springs.

Checking the headspace on a new gun is sorta like that to me. Whatever floats your boat but I wonder what have you accomplished? And if the headspace should be off in that very rare occurrence, then what do you do? Send it back to the factory and wait 6 months to get it back.

Checking headspace is a good way to waste time and I don't have the time to waste. But whatever blows up your skirt. Just my personal opinion.