Gary Reeder
I had 11 at one time and still have a couple and have never
Friday, August 18, 2017, 11:01

had even one problem with any of them once I found the load they liked. Lee Jurras' favorite was the 357 AMP. Mine was and is the 41 JMP (developed by Lee). I don't think Lee would have risked 4 long safaris in Africa with his Auto Mags if there were any inherent problems with them. And he took only 4 Auto Mags, no rifles at all.

I have hunted all over the world with mine also and never a hitch. No cracked frames, no parts falling out, nothing. I scoped a couple of mine, especially the 41 JMP, and no problem there. I used a rifle base and drilled & tapped the rib over the barrel and installed the bases. On one I used the Weaver bases for the Marlin 336 as it was flat on the bottom and fit the rib perfectly. The longest open sight shot I have taken was with an Auto Mag at a bit over 150 yards (on video) at a Dall sheep. Hit him twice. I have even taken a couple of turkeys with it. I would bet my life on the Auto Mags. At first I used my own brass and loads using Lake City Match 308 brass cut down. Then Lee started making the ammo at Super Vel and that was great. Later on Norma started making the ammo and I went to that and stayed there. Years later Cor Bon started making ammo for it and the last couple of hunts where I used the Auto Mags I used the Cor Bon.

The Grizzly is a more user friendly pistol and probably the best in the long run when you look at money spent, ammo availability, grips, sights etc. In my humble opinion the Wildey is junk. Nothing but problems.

Several of my hunting buddies used their Auto Mags all over the world with me. And they never had any problems either.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]