WB
In a weak moment I thought about selling this one but
Thursday, August 17, 2017, 18:09

I think I may lean at moving the MOA kit in it's place. To sponsor a HHC adventure. Doug and I both really like this one. He took a nice Ram at HHC with it. This is a Jim Rice RPM-XL "Elk Hunter" package gun. RIP Mr. Rice, he was a hard charger. More accomplished target shooter than hunter but he did make it to Africa.

This is basically a precision target gun adapted to a Hunting role. The trigger is actually TOO good and can easily me mis-adjusted to too light a setting, tripping the internal safety. Sorry, no lefty's at all! But it is super accurate and shoots easy pushing a 250 gr. jacketed .358 rifle bullet at 2250 fps, not too bad. I can make .356 Win. brass from .444 Marlin run in .358 Win. dies and the neck shortened by 50%. This later model has a "cam" extractor I much favor. In fact it has lots in common with the Freedom FA of late which sports less complicated firing group and trigger system. Just FYI as they are pretty rare.

My biggest issue is carrying it through the woods. It needs a sling system. I could have a stud drilled and tapped in the bottom of the gripframe. Maybe a barrel band on the front? What do you guys think? I like a sling on a single shot hunting handgun.

[image]

[image]