Gary Reeder
I have a question for you about Africa
Friday, March 01, 2024, 15:58

And this doesn't hold you to anything. It is just to see if there is enough demand. Here we go.

If I were to book an Africa hunt for this late summer, would you be interested? Now I know the first question is how much is it going to cost me. Theoretically...you could spend a full week in Africa and take 3 or 4 animals for around $10,000 plus your airfare which I am hearing is less than $1800.

In Africa you have a daily rate which is $450 a day. That covers everything except the cost of the animals and your airfare. In other words if you went to Africa with me and didn't shoot anything, that would be 7 times $450, or $3150
so that is good so far. There would be a couple of small licenses to add to that but they are minimal.

Now I know these prices are going to be way off but I didn't have a current price sheet with me so these are guesses,.So here we go...
say you shoot an Impala....say $550
a warthog...$550
a Blesbok...$750
a Blue Wildebeest...$750
Now if you shot all 4 of those at the prices I posted that would be $2600. Now if my prices were off (which I am sure they are as it's been 4 years since I was there) add in another$1400. That would be $4000 in animal prices. Add that to the $3150 above and you have a great African hunt for $7150. Figure a bit more for the shuttle to camp and $100 for the first night when we get there at a local hotel. That is $7250. And let's just say I am a bit off on the animal prices and some odds & ends costs and add $1500. That is $8750. Figure in another $500 of licenses and tips to your PH. Now we are at $9250. Now where in the world can you have 7 days in Africa, hunt all 7 days and take 4 premiere African animals for less than $10,000?

Think about it. I have not finalized this hunt at all. I only talked to John Abraham one evening this week. Once he gets back to me I will post the tentative hunt dates. Our summer is their winter so the hunt would be in cooler weather. My first 2 hunts in Africa were in August of '92 and '93 and they were great. Again think about it.