WB
That's a great combo.
Monday, February 19, 2024, 08:05

I used to buy a .41 cal. 265 FNGC with a long ojive. I was getting right about the same sped as you with the standard .41 Remington. Most of the bullet was outside the case which improved capacity a little. I was able to do the same with a 270 gr. in the .41 GNR at a less intense loading and it was so accurate. I really liked it.

I can't see very well anymore and the fiber front really helps. The V-rear is a little tricky consistently bedding it for precise aiming. However I find I do well with it shooting at game and odd things rather than when I try to shoot groups on paper. I tried a goofy mix with a square notch and fine bead front on my FA83. I can hit with it! Lots of light on both sides and it's so precise.

We used the Bushnell 3200's, great scopes. I wish I had a couple still laying around. I think they were about the best at dim light. My buddy Doug took a Sika at the Y-O right at dark using one on his .429 GNR Encore. It did not want to exit the cedars until it was too dark to shoot. It was close. In the brush you couldn't see 10 feet. We found it easily tracking blood, about 20 yds.