WB
Outstanding Alan. Paco's article is great.
Sunday, February 18, 2024, 15:45

The mark of a good article is the way it stands the test of time. It's still good reading.

I too have a .41 but a Bisley hunter. I always saw them as just Bisley's with a Redhawk barrel on them, sort of. I like the built in scope mounts, it's forward position, and used properly they work fine. Don't let it shake loose, keep it snug, but not overtightened. I also slicked up the internals and installed a Wolff kit and free-spin pawl with very precise stoned timing. I also added Gary's V-notch rear sight and a fiber optic front. In a bout of poor judgement I sold it to a friend who did some load development using it for the .41 GNR! He also loaned it to James from Jersey at the Y-O to take a Barbary Ram. It's quite the tale. Bloody handed .454 James.

In a turn of events I actually bought it back and fitted a second standard Bisley .41 Remington cylinder to it, just in case I need the ammo versatility. I shot the whizz out of LilGun powder, at least a couple pounds from it before it was found to be unpopular. Maybe my 90% loads were OK. It's as accurate as ever. The 4x Leupold is about perfect for me and the gun's effective range. A real grab and go in .41 GNR.

[image]

[image]

[image]

The .41 Puffy loading for .41 Special cases. A special .41 Ballard single shot rifle bullet loaded to BP velocities from the handgun. I figure it still works, what penetration! Jason and I geeked-out over it long ago and had fun.
[image]