AmBraCol ⌂, The Center Of God's Grace
Full brass 410
Saturday, January 27, 2024, 07:13

A lot will depend on your scattergun. My Boito works fine with the 444 Marlin case, at least as far as checking empty brass for extraction goes. I've not yet commandeered any of my brother's brass for the experiment, but it's got a big enough rim to be grasped by the singleshot's extractor.

However, Magtech (or as I prefer to remember them - CBC - Companhia Brasileira de Cartuchos) makes full brass shells for the 410, 12 gauge and others as well, with the 24 gauge being snapped up by folks reforming them for use in their Martini's. They've been out of stock for years, though. Haven't checked recently, but hopefully they'll start trickling north again soon. Keep an eye on Midway, Ballistic Products and Buffalo Arms, three companies that at least still have them listed, albeit "unavailable" for now. The are in the 2 1/2" chambering as produced by Magtech.

--
I'm a peaceful man and prefer the pursuit of peaceful sports. Those involving teams and balls of any sort tend to be deleterious to one's body and promote violence by both spectators and participants.