WB
Back in the day the S&W 41 was tops!
Monday, January 22, 2024, 08:36

I have handled them but never shot one. We also shot many old High-Standards, the Victor was my favorite. I had a round of the old Colts too. They shoot great. But NEVER mess with that little textured button atop the slide, trust me on that. Worst part on the old guns, besides parts and maintenance in general, is the mags. They can run $50 and upwards for replacements. If you can find them.

There are bunches of great guns out there. It might not even be a fancy gun that is a great shooter. When I was young a gunsmith friend of mine took an old German made "Buffalo Scout" and installed a section of an old Remington 550 rifle barrel. I drilled holes in the top-strap myself and installed an old Bushnell 1.3X scope. The gunsmith did a good job on the barrel fittment. That was a big issue in the accuracy of the gun. The barrel and throating. It shoots great! Easily under 2" groups at 50 yds. It's a cartoon brought to life but it works. LOL I can tell you it's truly fun to bring it out and let guys ping targets way off they can't reach with fancier guns.

A misfit friend has since contributed a chrome plated .22 WMR cylinder to this old kit. Chapter two is underway!
[image]