John W
SW vs Ruger 22 Auto
Sunday, January 21, 2024, 19:58

I was out in a remote area doing some predator hunting and my mind wandered onto a topic.

Currently I own a Smith and Wesson Victory 22 Performance Center with a Burris Fast Fire 3 on a Tandemkross plate. It is accurate and I have taken some squirrels with it but there are a couple of things that I would like to point out.

1. The magazine release is very touchy. You can almost breathe on it and it will drop a mag. Not good. I did replace the spring with a NAPA automotive spring which seems to have cured this issue.

2. No open sights. Granted as I have aged my eyesight isn't as flexible as it once was. But I do realize that if the electronic sight goes haywire, I am stuck as that is the only option on the gun for a sight. I do have an aluminum picatinny rail for a scope, but it does make the gun less sleek.

In all of your collective wisdom and experience, how does the Ruger Mk4 Hunter model stack up in the arena of accuracy and useability in the field?

I'm contemplating a sale of the SW and using the funds to get a Ruger Mk4. But I like to ask others of their experience.