Gary Reeder
as I said there were a lot of odd groups that
Friday, February 21, 2020, 15:38

did stuff like that but very few radio stations played them. Mostly they were played by some FM stations as FM radio was deregulated in the mid 70s to allow for more diversity in the types of music they could play. But they were few and far between. Mostly songs that were not mainstream rock & roll were banned from playing on our stations and on most stations for that matter. One song by Steppenwolf that most stations didn't play was The Pusher. It started off with the lyrics Goddamn the Pusher and repeated that here and there thru the song. The song was a strong anti drug song but because of the language was not played that much, in fact none on AM stations that I know of. But FM stations played it a lot.

But most rock music was just good time kick ass rock & roll. Cream, Grand Funk Railroad, Steppenwolf, Bob Seger, Z.Z.Top, AC/DC, the Stones, and a lot of others were always on our playlist, and contrary to what the religious groups were spouting, the drug songs were very few and far between. Eric Clapton's Cocaine was an exception and mostly played on FM stations late in the evenings when the werewolves were out. Clapton later changed the lyrics to "don't take cocaine". So clumping rock music into one category as satanic music is pure BS.