Gary Reeder
let's not include all rock & roll in your shitty
Friday, February 21, 2020, 14:38

post. I played rock music for 22 years and I guarantee you I never played one single song promoting Satan. And after I became music director in 1965 or so I made sure that our playlist never had any such songs. There were some that refereed to drugs but even the clean cut groups danced around the drug topic, Chicago's 25 or 6 to 4 as a for instance. There were groups that got specific as to drugs but very few radio stations played them as a big fine from the FCC would be looking us in the face if they got complaints from the public.

There were a lot of candy ass religious groups that complained about any rock songs, groups that were totally screwed up in my humble opinion, groups that spouted their own crap that if you weren't of their religion you were headed to hell. And if you are one of those then you know what you can do with your biased opinions.

I heard all this crap thru the years and 99% of it was total BS. I worked for a lot of radio stations in those 22 years and we never played any of the stuff you are spouting. We played a lot of music that I would call "Jesus Rock", like Norman Greenbaum's Spirit in the Sky among a lot of others. The 70s were full of Christian Rock and most rock stations played them.So quit lumping all rock music into a type that you don't approve of in your tight ass little religious world.