WB
The trigger on a M92, 96 or clones
Friday, January 17, 2020, 09:31

is not a sear bearing part. It is simply a lever attached to a "trigger bar" that runs along the right side of the external frame and along the top of the right grip. That bar goes internal and eventually is what trips the hammer sear. It's not really all that stressed a part. So plastic is OK I guess, I just don't like a plastic trigger. Yes, even on Glocks. The aluminum ones are great if you want to go that route.

The Beretta locking block is under the barrel and engages the slide on each side of the barrel, little cut outs. It is here that they are said to crack or along the slide. I've never seen one do it in person. The design is very reminiscent of the Walther P-38 of WWII fame. Their alloy "frames" cracked in a small cut out but continued to function perfectly. Some makers go ahead and "cut" design weak points like that so it won't crack later! Just interesting to look over the finer points and know what you got.

A pic, of the slide locking recesses with the locking block lifted up into them. (not my gun but representative)
[image]