WB
The 92 is a gun I have a difficult time getting excited over
Friday, January 17, 2020, 09:00

but try as I might I cannot dislike it. I have a 92A1 and it came with (3) 17-round mags made by McGar for Beretta. It has a standard rail for accessories and they dovetailed the front sight into the slide rather than previously made in part. The recoil rod is plastic as is the trigger. I was a bit dismayed over learning the latter but would have never known had I not read about it much later. Wilson markets a "set back" metal version I am very interested in that is not expensive. In DA I do reach just a teeny bit farther than I would like. Truthfully the modern polymer parts are fine.

The gun feels huge and is wide. But it is light, handles lively, and I've never seen one that was not truly inherently accurate. I don't know what it is but EVERYBODY shoots it well. When Benjamin was 6 yrs. old I was loading it single shot and he was nailing cans at 20 yds. He could barely grasp it. My wife and daughter both really like the smooth shooting and low recoil and flip due most likely to that huge and wide backstrap. Also I find mine shoots 115, 124, and 147 gr. all to the same point of aim. Must be the backstrap distributing the forces so broad the different recoil loads and residence time in the barrel is minimized? With all the bitching and moaning it actually carries very nicely concealed. The 5" barrel is vertical down your pants and that slightly wider grip sort of goes unnoticed. I have read of some failures in Military action with guns that had seen lots of service. I know sportsmen who have fired many thousands of rounds from a single commercial model with zero issues and tout excellent reliability.

Casual observation of a "clone" should reveal overall quality of a very good and sound design. Any departures from original Beretta designs should be examined on their own merits. They might be positives! That example JT is reviewing shows a return to "made in slide" front sight (which I never liked but arguably worked for decades) and finger grooves on the frame itself. If you don't like that you can not do much about it. The threaded barrel is great and I'd like one myself.

I'd love to try some of those guns and I like the paint on them.