WB
It goes in cycles, but it's kind of fun. The AR stuff
Thursday, November 14, 2019, 07:38

I used to put them together back in the 1980's when it was a little exotic. One does not "build" them, they simply put them together, assemble. It does not really take expensive special tools, some fair working knowledge of the system is a big plus, for quick success. Now they are so cheap and modular it's hard to resist. I think the platform will do more good than harm in keeping our country armed and free. There are simply too many and too many people who enjoy the freedom and sport. I hope.

I'm ordering a side charging .350 upper. This will lead to be re-barreling a .30 cal. I have. The most underwhelming cartridge I've worked with in a while. Just could never get into it, myself. So If anyone wants a 16" stainless barrel I have one with lowish round count. The offerings I'm reviewing are 5.56, .224 Wylde, and .224 Valkyrie (?). I think the other .224 cal. upper will just be a fun shorty. I plan to try shooting 55 gr. cast, GC, painted, projectiles. Raw cast really, really, dirties up the system.

I also have a HBAR A2 that is fantastic for target shooting but the tube is so porky. I think I may rebarrel it to LW 20". It makes it handle so much better taking a pound off.

I did a 9mm pistol carbine and it is a delight for cheap fun plinking. I went with too short a barrel 4" with a 3" flash can. It's almost too short, risk getting a hand in front of it. A 8-10" with brake would have been better.

Roman pulls his hair that I'm not trendy, just pursuing what I like. Dad's more practical than tactical.

Any insights, tips, as to your AR play?