Contender or G2?

Asa
[subject]
Thursday, September 12, 2019, 19:55 (1659 days ago)

I dont have any experience with them, have heard the trigger is better on the originals, I do have an encore, is it similar to one or the other?

The Contender needs to be re-opened

steve todd
[subject]
Thursday, September 12, 2019, 20:54 (1659 days ago) @ Asa

If you cock it, dont shoot and let the hammer down without firing... you cannot pull the hammer back until you open the action.
The trigger is adjustable on the Contender. The Contender feels lighter, but doesn’t look as strong because it lacks the gusset.
There is probably more, i just cant think of anything else

the G-2 is considerably stronger than any of the

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, September 13, 2019, 12:07 (1658 days ago) @ steve todd

earlier Contenders. The actions on the Encores and G-2s can be made super slick. If you have the choice of the new G-2 or an original Contender, go with the G-2. I have stretched the frames on several Contenders thru the years and had numerous failures with them due to some of my hot rounds, whereas the several G-2 frames I have are still going strong even after using 2 of them for load testing of some of the new hotter rounds.

Thanks Gary

Asa
[subject]
Friday, September 13, 2019, 19:58 (1658 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

That's kind of what I'll be using it for as well. Plus barrels are available everywhere.

yes but don't expect them all to fit and work

gary reeder
[subject]
Friday, September 13, 2019, 22:10 (1658 days ago) @ Asa

there were 3 or 4 different type lugs on the Contender barrels thru the years. Some will only fit the frames from that time frame. Others lock up the frame completely and requires taking the gun totally apart.

Heard they will also fire when reclosed, so kinda leery

Asa
[subject]
Friday, September 13, 2019, 19:59 (1658 days ago) @ steve todd

- No text -

Trigger

ES
[subject]
Friday, September 13, 2019, 05:49 (1658 days ago) @ Asa

Don't shy away from an contender frame that has blueing loss and has seen better days. My best contender triggers come from the ones that have been shoot a lot. Probably ISHMA

ISHMA? MAYBE IHMSA

JT
[subject]
Friday, September 13, 2019, 07:31 (1658 days ago) @ ES

- No text -