Has anyone here successfully called i

John W
[subject]
Monday, August 12, 2019, 10:00 (12 days ago)

in a black bear? In about 3 weeks I'll see if I can get one in Redhawk range.

With tongue in cheek, yes. All I had

Larry Fry
[subject]
Monday, August 12, 2019, 10:20 (12 days ago) @ John W

to do was shout "FREE STUFF" and they came from everywhere...... :>))))

ON a serious note, no. I have run up on them and they went one way and I went the other but never have I deliberately tried to call one in. I wonder how you would go about that???

Basic Varmint call worked well on black bear in Arizona ..

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Monday, August 12, 2019, 10:29 (12 days ago) @ Larry Fry

same call used for calling coyotes. This was on Fall hunts, calling them out of the prickly pear where they were eating fruit.

On one hunt my friend called in 5 bear over a couple days. I did the butchering on them. We ate them and gave the meat to folks who needed food. The guys who were hunting just wanted the heads and hides.

I have called them to within 10 feet of me but they were

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, August 12, 2019, 10:29 (12 days ago) @ Larry Fry

behind a lot of heavy brush and wouldn't come any closer. I could see their heads every now and then as they raised over the brush but not enough to tell where to put the bullet. I was in an open spot in a ground blind in among some willows. From 20 yards away I was not visible but I was right in the open where the bears could see me if they were in among the willows. Unfortunately I didn't have a rabbit squeal call so I was using the old fashioned way of making squealing sounds with my lips against the top of my hand. This hunt was in Alaska and over the first 4 or 5 days I saw at least 3 or 4 bears a day, and a couple of them came up to within 10 feet of me. I was hunting grizzly and typically all I saw was black bears. I eventually had one decide to dance with me and I had to shoot him, but never saw a grizzly.