Thinking about the post below...

John W
[subject]
Sunday, August 11, 2019, 17:20 (1727 days ago)

At work there is a young man in my class that baffles me. I tried to discuss an issue and did my best to give evidence and fact to sway his belief.

What is his belief?

The world is FLAT.

This young man in his early 20's honestly believes the world is flat like a dinner plate and I did all I could to convince him otherwise.

To all members of this gathering, this is one example of what we are dealing with.

ARE YOU TELLING ME IT ISN'T???

JT
[subject]
Sunday, August 11, 2019, 17:26 (1727 days ago) @ John W

- No text -

JT, YOU KNOW THAT THE WORLD IS SQUARE.

Winn
[subject]
Sunday, August 11, 2019, 18:24 (1727 days ago) @ JT

- No text -

The youth have been misled and are really poorly educated.

SPB
[subject]
Sunday, August 11, 2019, 17:27 (1727 days ago) @ John W

Too much coddling and touchy feely upbringing. Oh, wait, I must be really old fashioned.

The flat world

Burban
[subject]
Sunday, August 11, 2019, 18:55 (1727 days ago) @ John W

There are a surprising and disappointing number of celebrities and sports stars that publicly profess to this belief. How could a guy who scores 1000 points in night in a professional sport be wrong?

Ball Games do not develop character ..

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Monday, August 12, 2019, 05:58 (1726 days ago) @ Burban

Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to his nephew Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

I recently had a kid try to convince me of a flat world

Bryant
[subject]
Sunday, August 11, 2019, 22:16 (1727 days ago) @ John W

I recently had a kid try to convince me that the world was flat. He kept telling me that I had been lied to my whole life, that I needed to open my mind and discover the world for myself. This kid had never been on a airliner, had never traveled out of state and basically had no idea that anything existed outside of his own little world, if he didn't see it then it didn't exist in his mind. Finally after far to much time trying to open his mind I used the same argument back at him, I told him he was completely correct, I told him he should open his mind and discover the world for his self, I then sent him a link to an around the world cruise. Can you believe he will no longer take my messages?