I just talked to my friend who is one of the

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, July 20, 2019, 15:50 (1735 days ago)

head honchos in the ATF and he said that crap about registering or turning in our guns with the arm brace is total BS. The law effects the guns that have an arm brace and the vertical forend grip, nothing more. If you have the arm brace on your AR pistol, you are fine. But you cannot install the vertical forend grip on it with the arm brace.

As far as the reversal of the bump stock law, that is BS too. That is still in court and there has been no law passed yet that you have to turn them in. If the law is ratified in court then they will be illegal but not until. He said the ATF has hundreds of bump fire socks that people have turned in and they have them labeled and if the law does not pass they will have to send them back to the owners.

There is also a new thing that has come up where some companies are manufacturing smooth bore barrels for AR-15s, saying it releases pressure and is better for the life of the gun. This, to any sane person, is total BS again. The part that effects the ATF is no rifling on the bullet that could affect a crime being solved. The company that is making them claim the barrels are accurate, giving 3 to 5 inches at 100 yards. That is accurate??

So anyway, forget the crap the know it alls are spouting everywhere and on here too that the ATF is forcing you to register your AR pistol with an arm brace. It is total BS.

Thanks for clarifying those items.

Woody
[subject]
Saturday, July 20, 2019, 16:18 (1735 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

He did say some states have banned the bump stocks so

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, July 20, 2019, 17:01 (1735 days ago) @ Woody

until all the litigation is over, consider them outlawed, and to take them off your guns. That is the bump stock thing. He said if the law doesn't pass the bump stocks they have will be returned to the owners.

He has been on the road this past week and he said he would check into the arm brace situation and if anything more than the vertical forearm has passed he will give me a call.

atf

john george
[subject]
Saturday, July 20, 2019, 18:05 (1735 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

thanks for clarification gary