I was only wanting some parts...

WB
[subject]
Saturday, July 20, 2019, 07:59 (1732 days ago)

I needed a M4 stock and pistol grip for a friend, about $60. A place had an entire lower with the parts I needed for $99 on sale (shipping, tax, FFL fee increased this by $47) but I bought it anyway. Still seemed like a deal, $146 out the door, minus the $60 from my buddy. My labor is always free, lol.

I have several already. A 10.5" AR pistol, 16" M4 .30 cal., and a 20" HBAR A2. I was thinking of doing something totally different to keep me interested. Has anyone experience doing a blow back 9mm on a AR lower? One using a converter to use Glock mags? I don't really like Flat tops either, I'm old school I guess.

Just thinking.

Be careful Scotty

Randy Barnett
[subject]
Saturday, July 20, 2019, 09:08 (1732 days ago) @ WB

That road can lead you astray!

Quality components can be purchased for great prices as the market is currently flooded.
My collection has grown to three 223 (20", 18", 10.5"), three 300 Blackout (16" for supers, 10.5" and 7.5" for subs), 450 Bushmaster, and 7.5" 9mm carbine.

[image]

I went with a Foxtrot Mike pistol lower that accepts any Glock 9mm magazine. I've run 10, 15, 17 and 18 round mags without an issue. I think the dedicated magazine lowers, whether you go with Colt or Glock, work a lot better than the adapter kits. Everything you see above, not counting the optic, I built for $437.

[image]

My ammo of choice is a 155 grain powder coated cast from this Arsenal Mold. Even with a red dot it will shoot 2" groups at 50 yards at a modest 1025 fps. Wink, wink.
This gun goes with me to the range every time I go and is the weapon everybody reaches for first. PM and we can discuss further.

I think it's great for the industry and with

WB
[subject]
Saturday, July 20, 2019, 09:44 (1732 days ago) @ Randy Barnett

a few instances where dealers get to see some really bad attempts on occasion. In reality they are just parts and every build can be cannibalized into something useful.

I'm just tired of looking for my ejected brass and losing 10% of them at best. Also I am weary of muzzle blast, horrific in a short barreled 5.56 or .300, even with muffs.

A very short rig, someplace between the handgun and carbine, is attractive to me. I really like yours. I've never done one before. They do a lot of 4" barrels with much longer handguards, what's up with that? I can use some tips as to other components such as best magwell adapters, and buffer systems etc. Looking for something just mainly "fun". But I do want something that feeds reliable. My go to bullet is a RCBS 147 FP. For a 9mm it is pretty much like a mid-range .357 loading or Heavy +P .38. What's a few grains, basically like your 155.

I pulled the rest of this thread about the ATF change

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, July 20, 2019, 14:21 (1732 days ago) @ WB

in arm braces law. All we are getting is "experts" telling us what they know, which is nothing. I have a call into a good friend who is one of the head honchos in the ATF. When I find out the full story I will post it here.

Components

Randy Barnett
[subject]
Saturday, July 20, 2019, 14:32 (1732 days ago) @ WB

Scotty, the short barrels with a longer handguard is so you can "tuck" a suppressor back inside the handguard.

[image]

The Foxtrot Mike lower comes with a heavier buffer and 308 buffer spring needed to get the 9mm blowback to run reliably.
I have no experience with the magwell adapters and strongly suggest a dedicated 9mm lower than accepts Glock magazines.

Muzzle blast

Randy Barnet
[subject]
Saturday, July 20, 2019, 14:35 (1732 days ago) @ Randy Barnett

I highly recommend these type of comps as they direct the blast towards the front and do wonders for eliminating the blast from the shooter. They are available in a variety of thread sizes and bullet diameters.

[image]

I was shooting a suppressed .308 Win. bolt

WB
[subject]
Saturday, July 20, 2019, 16:12 (1732 days ago) @ Randy Barnet

with fill power ammo, very pleased at the small report crack seemingly downrange. Very pleasurable.

Anything to keep away from blast is good. I think GNR's .338 GNR Beast Encore barrels hold the title for the most ferocious blast this side of a .50 BMG. The only comfortable place is right behind the trigger. LOL The brakes truly zap and negate recoil and that's what they are for, work wonderfully. I like them.