I have a Ruger Redhawk with the

Larry Fry
[subject]
Thursday, May 16, 2019, 19:40 (1778 days ago)

5 1/2 inch barrel in .44 mag. It has the stock Ruger grips on it. These grips will not allow a speed loader to be used to good effect as a slight angle has to be used to load or take out the speedloader if you want to use a different load after starting to load the first. i.e. instead of 240 grain maybe a 300 grain garrett load. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good grip that will allow the unhindered use of a speed loader as well as really handle well? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

just take a Dremel Tool and grind out a shallow depression

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, May 16, 2019, 22:07 (1778 days ago) @ Larry Fry

just like the S&W grips have.

I was thinking of that but the ruger eagle

Larry Fry
[subject]
Friday, May 17, 2019, 14:27 (1778 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

is in the way. The plastic spacer that holds the eagle is a part of the two part anchor for the grip scale. Besides my hands are not quite steady enough to hold a dremel tool steady enough to do a clean job. That was why the inquiry about what someone else may have put on their redhawk. Of course, I could always send it to you and have a .429 conversion job done on it and let you fix the grips!!! LOL However, just spent $3300 on car repairs so have to save up again. I was saving to get a buffalo in October but it looks like it will be a hog again.