my gut says Ruger is going to do very well with the new

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, April 19, 2019, 11:49 (1833 days ago)

Wrangler. The reason is they are promoting it heavily. And people believe what they read and see on the internet and in gun magazines. The guns may not be the prettiest 22s on the market but I would bet they will be one of the best selling.
[image]

I TOTALLY AGREE AND

JT
[subject]
Friday, April 19, 2019, 11:52 (1833 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

THE INTERNET NINJA WARRIORS AGIN IT DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE PURPOSE OF IT.

no matter what the gun is, if it is new, there are

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, April 19, 2019, 12:15 (1833 days ago) @ JT

always the nay sayers that will bad mouth it because it isn't as good as the one they own. Or because it is a new model and by his way of thinking the new ones can't be as good as the old model. Same as the caliber comments. If a new caliber comes out, it can't be as good as the caliber his grandfather owned and passed down to him 50 years ago. Same old crap.

way back in the late 60s and early 70s High Standard had

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, April 19, 2019, 13:07 (1833 days ago) @ JT

a 22 revolver out (actually several of them) that they called the Double Nine. I always thought it was because it had a 9 shot cylinder and a 9" barrel until I saw one in a 6" barrel. I found out later it meant a double action, 9 shot. Anyway, it wasn't the prettiest 22 on the market but they sure sold. It was some sort of pot metal frame and cheap plastic or cheap wood grips. I shot mine until it pretty much wore out and rattled if I shook it. But it was priced right and the gun magazines of the day promoted it and if I remember right either Sears or Montgomery Ward sold them in their stores.
[image]
[image]
This new Ruger is much the same. It isn't pretty but is a good gun and is being heavily promoted. Everything it takes to be a success.

I just hope the frame is steel and not some pot alloy

Amede
[subject]
Friday, April 19, 2019, 13:30 (1833 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I still see those old high standards every now and then, still being used to.

Aluminum Alloy Frame

Shaun
[subject]
Friday, April 19, 2019, 13:34 (1833 days ago) @ Amede

https://ruger.com/products/wrangler/models.html

See the video at the bottom: uses an aluminum allow frame.

About the 1:15 mark or so.

the frame is an aluminum alloy like Shaun said and

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, April 19, 2019, 14:07 (1833 days ago) @ Amede

that is much better than a pot metal.

Those were fantastic! Mom had a "Longhorn" edition

WB
[subject]
Friday, April 19, 2019, 13:34 (1833 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

It had a 5.5" barrel and faux Stag grips. It was one of the first handguns I ever shot. The major gun companies could take lessons from High Standard on that one. Besides the innovative pawl gearing and full 9-shot capacity it was a SA "style" with dovetail REAL rear sight and swing out loading and ejection. The DA feature was a bit dubious as it took two fingers to pull. Must have been 12lb. DA pull! It shot quite well. It was stolen some years later, recovered, then stolen again!!! If you ever see one with red fingernail polish on the front sight, that might be it!

They even made them with .22 WMR cylinders, that would be a peach.

Well said Gary

Dan R.
[subject]
Friday, April 19, 2019, 13:48 (1833 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Same ol’, same ol’. But it’s okay!
I have a nickel-plated HS Double-Nine (6”) & the original “fancy” box. It was my father’s only pistol, and my first. The fact that it held a boy’s interest long enough to move forward with that hobby is no small thing. It “will” hit the broad side of a barn (especially if you draw fast).
Dad never believed pistols could shoot accurately. Period.
I wished he’d lived to see the G2-7GNR that you built for me last month. It put 7/30 Waters rounds in a quarter at 50 yards, just warming up. I’m new to the G2, and it may do better in another’s hands; but it impressed me, especially with ammo it is not specifically chambered for. Thank you for an excellent hunting tool, it’ll do the job!

for the price, perfect little packing snake getter.

Amede
[subject]
Friday, April 19, 2019, 11:56 (1833 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I could carry while on the tractor and not really care about muffin it up. Probably throw one in the glove box to. Now if someone would just offer a 22 mag cylinder to match...

I like your line of thinking. The little Buffalo Scouts

WB
[subject]
Friday, April 19, 2019, 12:32 (1833 days ago) @ Amede

were so cute to be such turds. Spitting lead and often keyholing bullets. But they were so cute, little SA .22's. I think they were like $65-75 back when I was in school. They always went bang, if not sending the bullet in the general direction. I had one rebarreled and it shoots wonderfully. I'd drop the money for a tool box Ruger .22. Why couldn't they do that with the Bearcat. But you can't have it all.

I have an old bearcat but it doesnt shoot all

Amede
[subject]
Friday, April 19, 2019, 13:29 (1833 days ago) @ WB

that great and the finish wore off by just looking at it. I hope these wranglers shoot well and the cerakote lasts. Knowing Ruger it should hold up.