Thank GOD........... nope wasn't able to go hunting but

Sean Harper
[subject]
Thursday, April 18, 2019, 11:47 (1834 days ago)

I have been looking for some parts to my RCBS Progressive 2000 loader , bought in 2001 I think. Looks like it was discontinued a few years back and all I could get from RCBS was a die plate bolt I needed. I will say RCBS has very good customer service, but they are out of parts for the 2000.And I have way to many reloading items for the RCBS 2000 to start over and buy a different reloader.
I went by a small shooting/hunting shop in Houston that I remembered seeing a Pro2000 on a display bench sitting there the last 10-12 years. Price on bench has been the same for ever.. $589.
He sold it to me for $300-- not cheap but a very good deal brand new ( a little dusty) in box with all accessories
Thank the LORD, now I can use it and have the old one for backup.
[image]

You've got two arms. Might as well have two presses...

Huey
[subject]
Thursday, April 18, 2019, 11:54 (1834 days ago) @ Sean Harper

- No text -

TWO ARMS NEEDED FOR ONE PRESS.

JT
[subject]
Thursday, April 18, 2019, 13:35 (1834 days ago) @ Huey

- No text -

I KEEP TWO PRO-2000s RUNNING AND

JT
[subject]
Thursday, April 18, 2019, 13:03 (1834 days ago) @ Sean Harper

BOUGHT EXTRA PARTS TO HAVE ON HAND YEARS AGO. CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DROPPED THIS PRESS!

Fred Huntington, whose Dad started RCBS used to stop by the

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, April 18, 2019, 13:54 (1834 days ago) @ JT

shop on his way to or from a hunt. On one stop we were both complaining about the fact that RCBS had recently been bought out by that big conglomeration and lots of things had been dropped that shouldn't have. A day or so before that I had called RCBS about a part for the 4 X 4 press. The lady said they never made such a thing. I told her I was looking right at it, but she was adamant that RCBS never made such a press. Talking to her I found out that she was new and knew zilch about the products. The 4 X 4 had been renamed something else and was no longer the 4 X 4 press. She didn't tell me this, Fred did and he sent me the part I needed when he got back to his shop.

If I am not mistaken that was about the time that the 2000 press was dropped along with several other items that I thought were neat items for the reloader. Unfortunately progress isn't always progress. It's sometimes "let's drop those and make something that looks like it cheaper".

ALSO DROPPED THE "CASE KICKER" . IT

JT
[subject]
Thursday, April 18, 2019, 14:14 (1834 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

CUT RELOADING TIME IN HALF ON A ROCKCHUCKER.

Great find! I bought one of Huntington's ...

SMH
[subject]
Thursday, April 18, 2019, 15:54 (1834 days ago) @ Sean Harper

last ones 2 years ago, arrived the day I was diagnosed with a nasty medical thing so Huntington's was nice enough to take it back. Classy people. Now, here I am, medically cleared and no Pro 2000. Hate to get new replacement, maybe a Turret Press before they drop that one.

you might try the Dillon 550. I have 8 of them on my

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, April 18, 2019, 16:43 (1834 days ago) @ SMH

reloading bench. 2 have been added since these pic were taken.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Recommendations don't get better than that, will do, thank y

SMH
[subject]
Thursday, April 18, 2019, 17:07 (1834 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -