you gotta be southern to understand this

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 13:12 (1888 days ago)

The year is 2024 and the United States has just elected the first woman as President of the United States, and she is
from Alabama!

A few days after the election, the president-elect calls
her father in South Carolina and asks, "So, Dad, I assume you will be coming to my inauguration?"

"I don't think so. It's a long drive; your mom isn't as young
as she used to be, we'll have the dog with us, and my
arthritis is acting up in my knee."

"Don't worry about it, Dad, I'll send Air Force One to pick you up and take you home, and a limousine will pick you up at your door," she said.
"I don't know. Everybody will be so fancy. What would your mother wear?"

"OH, Dad," she replied, "I'll make sure she has a wonderful gown custom-made by one of the best designers in N.Y."

"Honey, Dad complained, "You know we can't eat those rich foods you and your friends like to eat."

The President-elect responded, "Don't worry, Dad. The entire affair is going to be handled by the best caterer in D.C. And I'll ensure your meals are salt-free."

So her parents reluctantly agreed, and on Jan. 20th arrived to see their daughter sworn in as President of the United States. The parents of the new President are seated in the front row.

The President's dad sees that a Senator is sitting next to him and leans over and whispers, "You see that woman up there with her hand on the Bible, becoming President of the United States?”
The Senator whispered in reply, "Yes, sir, I sure do."

Dad says proudly, "Her brother played football for Alabama.."

LOL

SPB
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 14:07 (1888 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Roll Tide!

David R
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 15:32 (1888 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

For years one of my best friends was from Mobile Ala, he was a 5th generation southerner. He left us recently and on his headstone it does state, "Roll Tide Roll". Oh I get it....