I may get back into hunting some, maybe a refuge.

WB
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 10:03 (1883 days ago)

Only those closest to me know how I have been worried to death since about 2001 with managing my family affairs. It's really been that long. I think, finally, maybe, things are getting settled. I've been stressed to the point of health issues, threatened, sued, you name it. The fat lady is clearing her throat and I hope the resolution is in the next week or so. It's a humbling thing to split up the family place, in your mind you know its' gone.

I'm ending up with a good chunk, about all wooded, a ridge on the south border, wet weather creek on the north west corner. There is an old railway train trestle running north and south, quarter to the left of center. It's about 20' deep on the south and 20' tall at the north end. It's a good natural funnel for game too. Some persimmon trees about where it flattens in transition. I think the place is a pretty good core area. I let my stepdad do some dozer work you can see, making basically shooting lanes. Those trails are game runs as there are no cattle there.

[image]

No utilities on the property right now, a portion has some fencing, I hope it's still up. Not even a lane to pull off the main road to park your truck on it. I have to get a buddy to install a culvert on the S.E. corner, at the ridge top, to begin a road. I have no clue what to do with it but maybe if a man takes a notion to run off, he might need a place to run off to. I may drag my camper out there to make a little base camp. Way away from the main road, behind the trestle.

Hopefully light is right around the bend

Jk
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 10:09 (1883 days ago) @ WB

For you! Strong man hanging in there for your family!

I can't help be sad some, but I plan to make

WB
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 10:33 (1883 days ago) @ Jk

some memories with MY kids there too. As a child I wandered all over there, and farther south, with my Remington .22 or a rimfire pistol. Been so long, I sure need some resolve.

I'm a little old to be bush whacking but I've not forgot how to do it.

Thank the LORD . That is plenty of land to hunt on,

Sean Harper
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 10:23 (1883 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

WB hang tough

Sid R
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 10:33 (1883 days ago) @ WB

I was 3500 miles away when my father passed and my own sister robbed my brother and I while we were in Arkansas. Bless you.
Where is that nice piece of Gods green Earth?

About halfway between Little Rock and Batesville

WB
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 10:39 (1883 days ago) @ Sid R

A little town called Searcy. Around 24k folks, the place is about 10 miles West of the 167 highway that runs up the N.E side. It's now only 2 miles out of the city limits! Pretty good hunting for small game, some Whitetails, Turkey too. LOTS of snakes, unless the ticks ate all of them last summer! LOL

LOL! I hear you on the ticks.

Sid R
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 12:32 (1883 days ago) @ WB

I Live in Mena, 20 acres butted against the Ouachita National Forest. I have Lived in Quitman, Cabot, Sherwood and Maumelle. I used to hunt over by Floyd. Nice area, not many ridges there. Bet you have nice rub lines on that ridge.
I used to go through there to go to Bald Knob and eat at Who Dat's. Hope every thing works out.

I meant not many Ridges on the

Sid R
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 12:35 (1883 days ago) @ Sid R

east side of Searcy. I used to go through there also to access the south part of the Lil' Red to trout fish.

Right, I live on the west, hilly, side. Toward Antioch

WB
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 14:14 (1883 days ago) @ Sid R

which is sort of suburban "Floyd", lol. It's classified as McRae. We have a small farm here where we live. The family farm is to the north between Searcy and "Center Hill" or toward "Joy".

There is a funny story...From Searcy you take Pleasure (st.) toward "Joy" and hang a left to get to "Romance". It's a Southern thang. Not careful you can end up "ROSEBUD". LOL.

Mena

stonecold
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 14:40 (1883 days ago) @ Sid R

I am west of Mena about 35 miles in the suburbs of Pencil Bluff on the Ouachita River. Looks like we got several Arkansas boys on this forum. Waterboy, you hang tough. I think that place will be a wonderful spot for you and your family to hunt, play and unwind.

Been through Pencil Bluff.

Sid R
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 14:59 (1883 days ago) @ stonecold

Used to have a house in Maumelle. Drove between there and Mena. Worked in Mena. Sold house in Maumelle and bought a cabin here. Drove every weekend to Maumelle.

I knew all the roads and towns between Hwy 5 and 167/67.

Arkansans

Ken Patton
[subject]
Saturday, February 23, 2019, 12:18 (1882 days ago) @ stonecold

I spent my first 50 years in Arkansas before the last 7 in Wyoming. Graduated high school at Hartford.

I know you have struggled. Stay strong.

SPB
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 12:13 (1883 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Hang in Scotty...I’ll pray for ya

Drdougrx
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 13:46 (1883 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Next deer season I will come and help you relax :)

Lynn
[subject]
Friday, February 22, 2019, 16:47 (1883 days ago) @ WB

- No text -