Bullets Do Not Knock People Down

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Thursday, February 21, 2019, 08:48 (1863 days ago)

This is from 1984 video "Deadly Effects" ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5f1Fo4r4_I

Cool! They use an FAL

Steve W
[subject]
Thursday, February 21, 2019, 09:09 (1863 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

Makes the gun nerd in my happy.

I agree, but they gotta be NUTS.

SPB
[subject]
Thursday, February 21, 2019, 10:03 (1863 days ago) @ Steve W

- No text -

Sort of along those lines...

WB
[subject]
Thursday, February 21, 2019, 11:14 (1863 days ago) @ SPB

It's fun to move stuff with bullet hits. On a pond bank we used to "make" the tin cans jump into the air by hitting "under" them. The displaced dirt will propel them a foot or two with a .22 RF. I had a 10 ga. single shot and we were shooting a metal 30 gal. trash can. It had a big cupped dent in it catching the charge like a catcher's mitt, not penetrating the metal. With a 2-1/4 oz. charge traveling some 1200 fps it would pick that can up and toss it 5-6 ft. like a big tin can. THAT was enough force to move it, AND it moved me pretty good too! Just like the guys said, a force and opposite reaction force.

He puts his money where his mouth is when it comes

AKRay
[subject]
Thursday, February 21, 2019, 13:15 (1863 days ago) @ SPB

to his protective vests. This is great advertising and he's saved hundreds of cops lives, i.e. given them a second chance, when they got shot in the upper body while wearing one of his Second Chance vests.

Man, I can hardly watch that. I know he does it all the

WB
[subject]
Thursday, February 21, 2019, 10:06 (1863 days ago) @ Steve W

time and knows what he is doing. Waving the guns around, shooting at angles. Complacency scares me! Just because it does not knock you down does not factor in the hydraulic displacement. Look at other places and you can watch a 50 lb. block of ballistic gel jump right off a table. Physics is a complicated beast. A stick of dynamite up your butt does not knock you down either. Just saying. It's fun to speculate and ponder.

Agree, I like your thinking process.

SPB
[subject]
Thursday, February 21, 2019, 10:37 (1863 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Muscle/nerve reaction move us, nuff said

Rsim
[subject]
Thursday, February 21, 2019, 11:03 (1863 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

- No text -

Richard Davis, the fellow that shoots himself with the 44

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, February 21, 2019, 12:18 (1863 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

stopped in the shop a year or so ago and put one of our custom guns on hold. Nice guy. A little bonkers, but nice guy. He said he would send us the balance and the FFL when he got back to Wisconsin. We never heard from him again. Maybe that 44 got the best of him.