Follow-up on "Gun-friendly states"

ORG
[subject]
Monday, October 08, 2018, 07:55 (2026 days ago)

From Guns and Ammo Magazine, a complete rundown . . .

http://www.gunsandammo.com/personal-defense/best-states-concealed-carry-2014/

:-)

The link listed here . . .

ORG
[subject]
Monday, October 08, 2018, 08:08 (2026 days ago) @ ORG

. . . is from 2014, the latest in G&As website.

The November issue of the "on dead trees" magazine has a current list.

Confirming JT's post below:

#1 Arizona
#2 Idaho
#3 Alaska
#4 Kansas

#46 California
#47 Wash DC
#48 Hawaii
#49 Massachusetts
$50 New Jersey
#51 New York

I have a very poor attitude on resprocity but glad many do

WB
[subject]
Monday, October 08, 2018, 08:19 (2026 days ago) @ ORG

I'm carrying no matter, even in Washington DC (unlikely I'm ever to drive there). The penalty is unlikely to apply to me undetected and were I to use it at least I have a fighting chance to not be dead. I'll deal with the aftermath, IF they can find me. The thugs are not worried so why should I be?

Here in the south we now have a vast reciprocity. My biggest concern is transport of stored guns across states that are "unfriendly". I cannot imagine any situation where I'd ever be even searched. I drive responsibly, don't drink, I'm not aggressive nor looking to cap anyone, and make myself blend in when I can. Typically I use more "deep cover" carry techniques. Slow to get to but I'm not defenseless. You never know, but that's my mentality and has been way before the first state carry license. I'd never urge anyone to copy me either, it's your butt. Saw a guy open carrying in TN and if that's what floats his boat so be it. He stood out like a sore thumb and would me my first easy target were I a thug. A stun gun to the fat boy and I got a new gun.

I know Marco is in the Police field. I'd like to hear a COP's perspective about pulling over and searching an SUV full of an obvious family on a pleasure trip. No "NRA" or "GLOCK", "SIG-Sauer" or even "Bone Collector - Punisher" stickers grace my vehicles. I wish to remain a mystery as to my Political or personal mindset. Surely COPs notice that stuff?!

Agree on blending “grey man” if I may add

Brant
[subject]
Monday, October 08, 2018, 08:59 (2026 days ago) @ WB

I also do not wear camouflage clothing or caps in public. I hardly hunt in it either, but I do have some that loving family members have gifted me and in the coldest weather I HUNT in it. But not in town.

I see it as wearing an “I own guns! Please break into my car while I am inside the grocery store” shirt.

I figure maybe some thugs are repelled

WB
[subject]
Monday, October 08, 2018, 09:44 (2026 days ago) @ Brant

but given other's evidence of brazen behavior maybe not. COPs are trained to be observant, in my mind at least, so why give a message of "Guns on board"? I'd think they would run the plates as standard procedure and find priors before approaching a vehicle. It would sure be safer! I think it shows "CCL holder" on the info they get. Perhaps that also transfers to other states in a national database? That's where the "unfriendly states" problem comes into play. If I get pulled over for speeding, family SUV or not, in say Illinois, and the traffic on me shows "rabid CCL gun toter", I'm toast.

Good points Scotty.

SPB
[subject]
Monday, October 08, 2018, 10:00 (2026 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

You had me till you mentioned blending in

Zach
[subject]
Monday, October 08, 2018, 12:27 (2025 days ago) @ WB

Then I decided it must be satire

39 states recognize Kansas CCW, and the rest don’t exist

SPB