Fox news is saying up to 3.9 million vehicles will

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 13:54 (2054 days ago)

be destroyed in hurricane Florence. They say up to 40,000 alone will be destroyed in North Carolina. This doesn't make sense. Why not just move the cars to a spot in the western part of the state. They said 10 million vehicles were lost in one of the bigger hurricanes a few years back. These are apparently new vehicles on new car lots. WHY?? They have had a weeks notice and still have a couple of days. Move them!

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?...

Huey
[subject]
Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 14:22 (2054 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

That would require common sense. Not likely...

I bet anyone on the east coat could get a

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 14:26 (2054 days ago) @ Huey

really good deal on a vehicle right now.

They don't care, insurance picks up the tab and then

Woody
[subject]
Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 15:41 (2054 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

we all get to share the costs of covering the damage. The insurance companies raise everyones rates when they have to pay for heavy claims. That's the way the system works. Same with large grocery stores in power outages...frozen/fresh meat loss claims vs installing a large generator and having zero losses. A sick way to run a business.

It would be cheaper for

[subject]
Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 19:44 (2053 days ago) @ Woody

Insurance to cover the cost to move them than to total them?

I would think it would be much cheaper to move them to

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 22:32 (2053 days ago) @ .

another location, maybe even 200 miles away and park them in a fenced in enclosure with guards around them for a week or so. If you figured the total price to do this and then divide it by several hundred cars it has to be cheaper in the long run. But what do I know. It just doesn't make sense to just sit back and say "go ahead and destroy them all" If you figure an average of $35,000 per vehicle and they expect to lose 40,000 vehicles in North Carolina along, that is a lot of money. If I owned a new car lot I would hire every person that had a good driving record to move them to a football stadium or some place that is enclosed and at least try to save them.

The cost to move them is too high based

Joe W
[subject]
Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 17:38 (2054 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

On the small profit margin on new vehicle sales. In addition they would need to discount them due to any mileage on the odometer or transportation damage incurred. They will also end upsit in a lot without security and be vandalized or at the least have the catalytic converters stolen for scrap value. Easier to be a loss, turned over to insurance and sold to auto recycling or auctions and repaired and sold as an r title. Just speaking from experience.

you are probably right but it just doesn't seem like the

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 19:32 (2053 days ago) @ Joe W

American way of life, to just sit back and give up. I have no sympathy for insurance companies as I rank them right down there with lawyers and snakes, but it still just doesn't seem right.

You shouldn't insult snakes like that.

IC
[subject]
Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 20:35 (2053 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

yeah, let's make that cockroaches. Howzat?

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 22:34 (2053 days ago) @ IC

- No text -

Works for me.

IC
[subject]
Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 05:01 (2053 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -