it is not Saturday but let's have a Wednesday sale.

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 10:49 (2059 days ago)

Colleen picked up several guns from that same estate last night. Let's run 2 of them this morning and the rest on the Saturday sale.
First one of the more sought after Colts, the Anaconda. This is the 6" polished stainless 44 Magnum. This one is out of the Colt Custom shop and is ported. It is in at least 95% condition. No box. The old gentleman liked his nice guns but shot very few of them. I looked on gunbroker and there are a few but most start at around $1900 and go up to around $3000 which is insane. This 44 Magnum beauty is Wednesday sale priced at $1395 plus shipping.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

The second gun is for you black powder revolver fans. This one is the 1851 Navy, Confederate model, in 44 caliber. It is new in the box with loading instructions and manual. Retail is $340. The old gentleman paid $230 for it, it is Wednesday sale priced at $185 plus shipping.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

I’ll take the black powder pistol, Calling Colleen

Joe w
[subject]
Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 10:55 (2059 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

both guns are sold

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 11:09 (2059 days ago) @ Joe w

- No text -

Lovely deals, both! On the brass framed C&B

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 11:13 (2059 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

coon finger it a while then smell of you hands! LOL

I don't know what it is with brass, it flat stinks with any patina on it at all. LOL For that reason alone I'm very choosy with my brass frames.

WB what is coon fingering?

Andy S
[subject]
Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 13:36 (2059 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

uh-oh..you asked

Amede
[subject]
Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 13:43 (2059 days ago) @ Andy S

- No text -

A clarification, it's not a racist term.

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 15:23 (2059 days ago) @ Amede

Some black folks try to make EVERYTHING about them, this is not a case. The best true old South definition I can find is;

"Incessantly playing with, toying with, examining, handling an object."

It was explained to me that Raccoons like shiny objects and enjoy playing with them for extended time, enamored with them, as a new toy. Hence "Coon Fingering". I cannot fathom how some come up with making some racial angle from this. I have heard of some racial term used a "Coon" but I never figured that out either unless it has something to do with a pack of masked bandits. Raccoons have some admirable traits (along with their underhanded dealing with garbage and fowl) where as the racial implications I personally feel do not.

Oh I knew what it meant but had no idea how you might

Amede
[subject]
Thursday, August 09, 2018, 06:33 (2059 days ago) @ WB

respond to that. Been a long time since I have heard that phrase. Normally I would hear 'Pawing it like a Coon.'

Never crossed my mind, just wondered what it meant. All good

Andy S
[subject]
Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 19:41 (2059 days ago) @ Amede

- No text -

Bought it as a curiosity. Always wanted one for a paperweigh

Joe W
[subject]
Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 16:38 (2059 days ago) @ WB

t. May never be fired. Passed on the Ruger models many times over the years figuring that would be a shooter but I know that I would hate cleaning it and it would just sit in the safe. One of Gary’s conversions would be grand though.

Interesting note on the smell. If it is that bad I’ll give it to Andy.

Thanks for the deal Gary.

Joe W
[subject]
Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 16:40 (2059 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Easy and pleasant transaction as always.