Gary you mention below about an old 3 screw ruger

Ray Shepard
[subject]
Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 15:43 (2108 days ago)

Why do you need to be more gentle with these than the new 2 screw models? Are there more issues with the 3 screws?

Old 3 Screw Rugers

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 16:06 (2108 days ago) @ Ray Shepard

We treat them gently for they were made the way God intended a Single Action Sixgun to be made. As such they should be handled with Love and Care. Their action was designed in a day when lawyers stayed in their hovels on the back streets of America and were not allowed to stick their noses into the lives of the Common People.

Such times are now long gone, but those precious relics of that era should be honored.

( the above is my opinion only and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Owner or Managers of this Forum )

Or, no transfer bar

steve todd
[subject]
Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 16:13 (2108 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

- No text -

Absolutely, Jim!

ORG
[subject]
Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 16:59 (2108 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

- No text -

Old rugers

Rw
[subject]
Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 17:46 (2108 days ago) @ ORG

Shot myself in the foot when I was a freshman with a single 6. I love that gun,my fault not the gun,my daughter loves that gun too but she is safer and smarter than me,old rugers are awesome.

Good to know. And that sounds like better times

Ray Shepard
[subject]
Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 19:08 (2108 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

- No text -

I believe one reason is it is an

ajd
[subject]
Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 16:15 (2108 days ago) @ Ray Shepard

absolute necessity they be carried with hammer down on an empty cylinder

THERE ARE NO "TWO-SCREW" RUGERS

JT
[subject]
Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 17:00 (2108 days ago) @ Ray Shepard

THE THREE SCREWS WERE REPLACED BY TWO PINS. THREE SCREW RUGERS MUST BE CARRIED WITH AN EMPTY CHAMBER UNDER THE HAMMER IF YOU VALUE YOUR LEG OR ANYTHING ELSE. IT IS NOT A QUESTION OF GENTLENESS BUT RATHER SAFETY. TWO PIN SINGLE-10s MUST BE TREATED GENTLY AS THE RATCHET ON THE BACK OF THE CYLINDER IS VERY SMALL.