After reading Gary’s thread below about

Lonnie
[subject]
Saturday, June 16, 2018, 06:24 (2142 days ago)

developing his first rimless rifle cartridge, I couldn’t help but wonder if he ever thought about doing a rimless handgun round. Maybe taking a 10mm down to .357? Something between a .357 magnum and a .356 GNR. I’m guessing the thought crossed your mind once when you were thinking of things that would be worse than removing hemorrhoids from a brown bear. Would the hurdles be pressure, reliability, nothing to gain, cost, or lack of appeal? Or perhaps someone else has already tried it. On a side note, last night I was out at a range with a long time friend and his family. His oldest daughter was shooting here Smith & Wesson 686 and she mentioned to me that she wanted to try something a little bigger and take up handgun hunting for deer here in PA. I went over to my truck and pulled out my .410 Stealth Hawk to show her....and she asked if she could try it, especially since she never shot a scoped handgun. We hung up a target at 50 yards and she fired a group that was downright impressive for any first timer! She went through a box of ammo.....170 grain Sierras and kept shooting consistently great groups. She didn’t mind the recoil one bit and was amazed when I told her how much power the .410 GNR has. I think I may have given a little 5 foot 110 pound college girl handgun hunting fever. I offered to take her hunting this year and let her try out my Stealth Hawk on a PA whitetail. She jumped all over that offer! After our range time we came back to our place for a cookout and her and her dad both kept asking questions about handgun hunting. When they were getting ready to go home, I handed her one of your books and told her to enjoy the knowledge that it contains. She and her dad were both really excited.

that is great Lonnie. Get me your address and I will replace

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, June 16, 2018, 11:12 (2141 days ago) @ Lonnie

that book. On the 10mm to 9mm, that has been done. I think Dillon did it. Not sure on the 10 to 357. The main problem with that is the barrels. Kase and I have both designed a couple of semi auto cartridges but the companies that make the barrels require several hundred to be ordered at the same time for them to build them. And not knowing if it is going to work or not it is a bit much to put out on a gamble.