we have somewhere around 70 of our own

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, June 15, 2018, 13:29 (2131 days ago)

cartridges that we have developed thru the years, but until now I have never developed a large caliber rimless cartridge for a bolt action rifle. All he others have been rimmed cases except for the Raptors, but they were small calibers for deer size critters.

The newest one that we are working on right now is our new 376 GNR. That is an 8mm Mauser case necked up to 375. Dave Manson said it does not duplicate any other American round, so that makes it good. This is one we will add to our African Classic rifle series and maybe someone will take it to Africa next April in our next African hunt.

Preliminary testing shows it to be a very powerful round, not far below the 9.3 X 62 in power and new 8mm Mauser brass is easy to get and forming the case is a simple one.

I didn't develop this one to replace any of the dangerous game cartridges for Africa but it should be a good one for bigger critters in North America like Moose, bull Elk, Bison and such. we'll see.

Here is the 376 GNR..
[image]

In comparison, here are 2 of our other 375s.
Left to right.. 375 GNR#2, 376 GNR, 378 GNR.
[image]

Also in comparison..left to right..
376 GNR, 9.3 X 62
[image]

Did you ever think of doing anything on the .376 Steyr case?

bigboar
[subject]
Friday, June 15, 2018, 15:46 (2131 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

several years ago we thought about it and I asked Dave

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, June 15, 2018, 21:00 (2131 days ago) @ bigboar

Manson, our reamer maker who keeps up with the new wildcat cartridges coming out, and he said he had had several folks call to check and see if certain wildcat cartridges based on the 376 Steyr were registered yet. He said at the time, he thought there would be a few coming out. I don't know if anyone ever did as I passed on them. I had my Raptors and Banshees on the drawing board at the time and really didn't need any other new ones.