Ruger lc9

Joe California
[subject]
Friday, April 20, 2018, 23:18 (2196 days ago)

I was looking at a Ruger LC( does anyone have any experience with these pistols...or any recommendations for something very similar?
Thanks

I looked at it and liked it, but ended up with a compact

SPB
[subject]
Saturday, April 21, 2018, 00:02 (2196 days ago) @ Joe California

Glock.

I’ve had 3. Two hammer fired and one striker fired.

Drdougrx
[subject]
Saturday, April 21, 2018, 04:32 (2196 days ago) @ SPB

I put after mkt trigger kits in the hammer guns and they were fine or I should say better. My problem was dropping the mag constantly on firing. My grip needed adjustment and I decided not to try relearn my grip for this gun so off they went.

Later, I got a striker fired model. I thought I’d just retrain...but then the trigger was really too lite for a small SD gun and I gave up.

I then went to a Sig938. A great 1911 pattern and accurate as heck...but...condition 1 carry was uncomfortable for me as it was small and a bit thick. Into the safe it went....

Now I shoot Shields. I have a 9 and a 45. I like the 45 much better! I’ve decided that a subcompact is useless to me if I drop the mag or can’t get the grip right under pressure.

In my state, we can only buy Glock police trade ins. But, I’m sold on the shield. It’s about perfect. You should also look at the Sig365.

JMHO!

If you dont mind me asking....

John W
[subject]
Saturday, April 21, 2018, 08:17 (2196 days ago) @ Drdougrx

Why do you like the 45 Shield more so than the 9mm? I have a 9mm Shield with the horrid "Massachusetts " 10 lb trigger. I like the gun and I may get an Apex trigger for it in the future.

I handled a 45 Shield but just wondered if the 45 had some better qualities . Thanks

Hey John! Don’t mind a bit! The 45 is the 2.0 model

Drdougrx
[subject]
Saturday, April 21, 2018, 09:52 (2196 days ago) @ John W

And just feels better as I grip it. I have installed the Apex carry spring kit, though not the trigger as I don’t feel the need. And..the 45 has a manual safety that I like on my guns...many think it’s unnecessaty, I do not and feel it’s all in the training.

I’ve also found my 45 to be more accurate at 15yards than the 9mm (which also has the Apex kit and TruGlo TFO sights as well). I do have a 45acp bias truth be told. There’s not a thing wrong with my 9, I just like the 45 better.

the LC9 is one of our best sellers and it is a Ruger so

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, April 21, 2018, 10:19 (2196 days ago) @ Joe California

that tells you it is one of the best.

Thanks guys for the input

Joe California
[subject]
Saturday, April 21, 2018, 11:43 (2196 days ago) @ Joe California

- No text -