Finally dug out Twyla's .357 and shot it ...

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Thursday, April 19, 2018, 20:27 (2197 days ago)

had not fired it in more than 9 or 10 years. She carried it quite a bit in the years before we moved to Africa.

[image]

It's Rossi ... Model 19 S&W size frame. It's been laying in the back of the gun safe for Lord knows how long. Last year I just couldn't bring myself to get it out.

Took it out and shot some light loads through it. Got about 1 misfire every 5 to 10 shots shooting double action. Ran a few heavy loads through it and they shot OK. Hammerfall was pretty light. I took it back to the shop and increased the hammer spring tension some. Next session on the range and it ran just fine, even with the loads that had some misfires previously.

Guess it just needed a little TLC.

Sort of like all of us Jim. Thank y’all for sharing.

SPB
[subject]
Friday, April 20, 2018, 03:21 (2197 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

- No text -

Is the front sight plastic?

Harry
[subject]
Friday, April 20, 2018, 05:19 (2196 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

I had my Rossi 720 stolen out of my truck and the replacement has the front sight blade broken off. I am having a hard time finding a metal replacement.

No ... it is metal.

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Friday, April 20, 2018, 05:46 (2196 days ago) @ Harry

- No text -

They are great carry guns

Harry
[subject]
Friday, April 20, 2018, 06:32 (2196 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

I used a left hand Bianchi holster with a belt clip for an in-the-waist band cross draw. IIRC, the holster is the one for the Ruger SP101. I also replaced the rear sight with the Millett white outline.

[image]

I been shooting it this week

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Friday, April 20, 2018, 06:38 (2196 days ago) @ Harry

it is easy to hit with .. has a decent double action trigger .. it's not big ...

Been quite a long time since I messed with K frame sized guns.