Help

Kevin L. Pflaum
[subject]
Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 19:51 (2192 days ago)

Inherited a 44mag super redhawk. Gun was loaded when it was given to me. Cylinder would not open or turn. Put a dowel in it and there is a bullet stuck between the cylinder and the forcing cone. Put a flashlight behind the cylinder and you see no light in the gap. What is the best way to handle this issue safely. Thanks.

SINCE YOU DON'T KNOW BE SAFE AND

JT
[subject]
Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 20:13 (2192 days ago) @ Kevin L. Pflaum

TAKE IT TO A GUNSMITH

John is right. There could be a couple of reasons the bullet

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 21:41 (2192 days ago) @ JT

is stuck in the forcing cone. Take it to your local gunsmith and he can get it out and get it done safely.

I consider myself pretty adventurous

WB
[subject]
Thursday, April 19, 2018, 07:51 (2191 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

on an advanced hobbyist level. I'd rate that a solid 8+ on the "pucker" scale and it would give me considerable concern. Kase, Gary's son, was almost killed (was seriously injured) by tamping a rod from the muzzle onto a loaded chamber round. Who would have ever thought that the tamping would eventually compress the powder enough to ignite the primer BACKWARD and fire the round?! It sure did.

Whacking a range rod is putting lots of forces on the other loaded rounds that remain. Some advanced physical factors to be considered. Pay someone else to do it, money ahead.

Yep I've really been blessed

WB
[subject]
Thursday, April 19, 2018, 08:13 (2191 days ago) @ WB

Overstepping my actual training. But I've learned a lot.

[image]

Squib

Zach Groves
[subject]
Thursday, April 19, 2018, 09:12 (2191 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Out of curiosity, what scenerio other than a squib load would lodge a bullet halfway into the forcing cone of a wheelgun?

Help

Kevin L. Pflaum
[subject]
Thursday, April 19, 2018, 09:13 (2191 days ago) @ Kevin L. Pflaum

Thanks everybody. Just thought I would ask the question to you guys first. Now that you have all scared me, to a qualified gunsmith I go. I was really scared to even handle the weapon because of all the unknowns. What else should I ask the gunsmith to do or look for. I don't see a bulge or anything but I have no idea what happened before I was given the weapon. Thanks