What’s the best way to pack a revolver to ship without its

Kyle
[subject]
Thursday, March 22, 2018, 21:33 (2225 days ago)

hard plastic case? Every revolver I’ve shipped has had one. Not this time Looking for recommendations from you guys experience. Thank you

I like a first layer of bubble wrap then

WB
[subject]
Thursday, March 22, 2018, 22:01 (2225 days ago) @ Kyle

paper wrapping until NOTHING moves at all in a good cardboard box that is not too big. I use 2" wide clear packing tape and go over every seam and all the way around in both directions. It's not coming out w/o a pocket knife or box cutter. I've shipped hundreds. (27 yrs. as a FFL)

And I NEVER put "GUNS" on an address line, nor tell the UPS people what's inside other than my description on the form. "Machine tool parts". They do have a right to open any package but won't. It's not against the law and ALL they can do is refuse to ship a package anyway, that's all. In general USPS workers and UPS/Fed-Ex attendants are so ignorant of their own policies that you need to keep quiet and save yourself lots of trouble. If you have a claim filed later the "machine tool parts" were gun parts in function and value. Never had to do that.

Reeder Custom

Reeder Custom G.

The P. Parlor

etc.

Make it into a Mummy!

WB
[subject]
Thursday, March 22, 2018, 22:02 (2225 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Awesome thanks WB

Kyle
[subject]
Thursday, March 22, 2018, 22:28 (2225 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Don't forget the paperwork/instructions!

WB
[subject]
Thursday, March 22, 2018, 23:05 (2225 days ago) @ Kyle

- No text -

Thank you everyone

Kyle
[subject]
Friday, March 23, 2018, 10:20 (2225 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Appreciate!

Teresa McClure
[subject]
Saturday, March 24, 2018, 06:44 (2224 days ago) @ Kyle

I appreciate this post! I am moving towards beginning to sell some of Eric’s firearms and barrels. This helps me a lot! Thank you!!

I just put Gary Reeder or Colleen Reeder

IC
[subject]
Friday, March 23, 2018, 06:50 (2225 days ago) @ WB

with the address. They get there.

revolver-box

backroadsrambler
[subject]
Friday, March 23, 2018, 01:20 (2225 days ago) @ Kyle

Go to your local post office and pick-up a Priority Mail box (they're sturdy), just big enough. Pack it tight so it canNOT move. Then put it in a second box, packed similarly. Alternately stop-by your LGS and see if they have any surplus factory 'shells' (often do)...