Gary you tolf me a year ago that wives in Africa are OK if

charlie A
[subject]
Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 12:48 (2228 days ago)

they are hunters. Is that still the the rules?

Charlie, that is not a rule, just something I try to keep

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 13:10 (2228 days ago) @ charlie A

in place. On 2 of our African hunts a few years back, guys brought their wives, not as hunters. In both cases, a year or so apart, all the wives did was make everyone miserable. They whined that they were bored. They bitched that there was no electricity in camp. They whined that there was no phone reception for their I phones. In one of the camps there was no running water and the camp boys had to heat up water so she could take a shower every day. One of the wives went out with her husband the first few days and wanted to stop every 10 minutes so she could take pictures of various things. Then her husband and the PH went on a stalk and were about 10 minutes into it and she started honking the Land Cruiser's horn as she was bored and ready to go back to camp.

So, it is not a rule, but if the wife wants to hunt and "be one of the guys" she is more than welcome. if not then she needs to book a room in the hotel in Joberg near the airport and do some shopping while her husband is hunting, or even better yet, stay home where she can be comfortable.

chapter

james
[subject]
Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 16:42 (2228 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Gary, That sounds like a chapter from a book written by a PH..... The horn blowing while on stalk had to suck...

I wasn't there with them but that is just as well as

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 16:55 (2228 days ago) @ james

I would have said something I would regret later. And that is a good way to lose a friend.