I couldn't pick between the 25-20 and 250 GNR...

Huey
[subject]
Friday, February 23, 2018, 15:13 (2254 days ago)

If I had to. The 250 GNR is an awesome performer. Seven shots easily fit into a Trail Gun cylinder. It shoots the 60 grn Hornady FPs very fast and very accurately.

The 25-20 harkens of hunting a century ago. With the 1 in 10" twist barrel it shoots the heavy 85 grn cast bullets at 1260-1320 fps as was so standard in those days. Groups under 1" @ 25 yards with very little fuss or noise.

I realize those ballistics aren't flasy in the SuperMag era. But, it matches the velocity of the 22 LR with double the bullet weight and more frontal impact area. How much game has the 22 LR taken in its day?

I've already enjoyed these two guns more than any revolvers I own.

I'll do a 251 Falcon down the road. But, these two mild mannered tack drivers are likely to not be topped.

Buddy I'm letting you sort it all out, I'm only a cylinder

WB
[subject]
Friday, February 23, 2018, 15:22 (2254 days ago) @ Huey

away from another option on my .255 Banshee. I NEVER thought you'd get happy results from the old .25-20 WCF.

I have not had a case set back yet, PERIOD...

Huey
[subject]
Friday, February 23, 2018, 15:32 (2254 days ago) @ WB

In fact, I've reloaded the same six cases eleven times. The kicker is, I've never resized them.

I run the cases into the die 3/16" just to hold the bullet. To decap I use the Lee Universal Decap Die.

When I chamber the reloaded ammo, I still have the same clearance between the rim and recoil plate.

I have few explanations for this except a perfect reamer cut. I mean ZERO movement of the shoulder.

I've pushed loads till they were a little sticky and experienced some primer flow around the firing pin. But, still ZERO movement of the shoulder.

Not what I was expecting from the 25-20 with heavy bullets.

Huey, that is great info! Also sounds like your having a

BlackPete
[subject]
Friday, February 23, 2018, 15:24 (2254 days ago) @ Huey

Great time shooting both cylinders. Pete

Actually, shooting two guns...

Huey
[subject]
Friday, February 23, 2018, 17:11 (2253 days ago) @ BlackPete

Already had a TG in 250 GNR. The auxiliary 250 GNR cylinder for the 25-20 was a contingency plan in case the 25-20 didn't work out.

But, it worked far better than expected.