Some Old Stuff

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Friday, February 23, 2018, 07:32 (2225 days ago)

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]
A First Generation Colt in .32-20. I picked it up in a trade. It had been buffed down until absolutely no markings are left on the frame except the serial numbers. Someone had sawed the barrel off, right down through the ejector rod housing. If you look close you can see how they cut right next to the screw. I bought a period-correct barrel from Eddie Janis and rebarreled it myself. I hand-filed the barrel and tried it .. filed more and tried it .. until I had it. I put a new cylinder bushing in the gun, new springs and trigger as the original was broken. I then removed all the blueing and put the gun together. The one-piece grips are by Persinger. It made a nice old shooter. Used it in CAS some. I sold it to a good friend just before I moved to Africa. He is still shooting it.

Great stuff Jim. Thank you.

SPB
[subject]
Friday, February 23, 2018, 08:14 (2225 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

- No text -

Some Cool old stuff! Thanks

Blake
[subject]
Friday, February 23, 2018, 10:01 (2225 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

- No text -

I noticed the bevel on the old .44 R. rims

WB
[subject]
Friday, February 23, 2018, 10:43 (2225 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

It seemed a old practice to ease stresses on the extractor, so it can bump on over. Today you seldom see this, it's just rounded rather than beveled.

I reloaded one or two of those steel .45 cases to see if it could be done. Seemed to be OK, sure it would wear chambers on an old Thompson!

it will also scour the inside of your sizing die.

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, February 23, 2018, 11:36 (2225 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Been known to break extractors also ...

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Friday, February 23, 2018, 18:57 (2224 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -