I have a friend that is on a tour/trip to Israel,

Brent Foy
[subject]
Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 13:12 (2255 days ago)

right now she is staying on the Sea of Galilee. Seeing all the places we’ve been reading about in Bible for years would be a great trip. Not sure I’d like traveling around there right now without carrying a gun. Probably safer than I think, but!!

travelling in Israel

Geoff Rath
[subject]
Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 13:46 (2255 days ago) @ Brent Foy

Safer that Washington DC?

absolutely. Israel doesn't have the gangs nor

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 14:25 (2255 days ago) @ Geoff Rath

the illegal immigrants that commit so many of our crimes. Plus if every eligible person carried a gun here in the states there would be a lot less crime. And I don't mean the gangbangers and illegal Mexicans carrying. The difference in crimes in Chicago, Washington DC, NYC and such are many times more than those in states in the south or out here in the southwest. If we had more scenes like this in the high crime states I personally think we would have less crime. plus the police and military in Israel are not required to baby criminals and worry about hurting their feelings. They do what is necessary to protect their citizens.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

for damned sure we would have less of this...
[image]

I wouldn’t go to a lot of cities in the US

Brent Foy
[subject]
Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 15:03 (2255 days ago) @ Geoff Rath

Without a gun. I’m sure you guys are right about Israel, but not sure I’d feel comfortable without some of the control because I know who my priorities are never sure about someone else’s. If I had a chance to go there I would definitely go.

Carrying a gun is only part of the

Brent Foy
[subject]
Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 15:07 (2255 days ago) @ Brent Foy

Story, what you do with it when you need use it is the rest.

normally I carry a gun everywhere I go but I don't

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 17:22 (2254 days ago) @ Brent Foy

think I would feel naked without a gun in Israel. The difference is in Israel all the good guys have guns instead of all the bad guys like in many of our bigger cities.

That makes sense.

Brent Foy
[subject]
Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 20:24 (2254 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Israel

Charlie Herf
[subject]
Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 14:43 (2255 days ago) @ Brent Foy

Brent
Every restaurant, hotel, shopping area has either armed guard , usually former military,and the army with AT 15's is visible at all shopping areas, transportation hubs and on student trips. Well trained and they know what they are doing. All tourist guides will tell you if there is an area that you have to avoid. You definitely don't need a gun !