I underestimated the Single Six framed guns...

Huey
[subject]
Saturday, February 17, 2018, 11:56 (2258 days ago)

When Gary started the Trail Gun Series, I decide to lead the pack in different calibers. But, I really underestimated the number of calibers that would fit in the frame.

Not just plinking calibers, but rather serious, useful hunting calibers.

Truth is I live in small game Heaven. There is literally no end to game, varmint, predator and pests to be taken. This offers far more shooting opportunities than big game.

So, I'll keep building them. Have even given thought to a Trail Gun Loading Manual. Many of the rounds like 38 Super, 40 S&W and others are quite different given a more sporting platform.

It's a new trek that I'm loving...

Huey I also have a few

BlackPete
[subject]
Saturday, February 17, 2018, 15:48 (2258 days ago) @ Huey

I wish there was a list of what you can and can not do! I like yourself, I am willing to pay in reason for a twin cylinder. I have one already from Gary. And I also understand promoting just a single cylinder at the price on the list. Is business. Most people would just have that conversion done. For less money. With your understanding? I might also have the same gun you just received. But with a scoped mount. Also, you had mentioned, a 38 Super or 40 S&W. I would also love to have a 38super in a single action from Gary.
Pete

Pete, all you have to do is order one. We have built

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, February 17, 2018, 15:53 (2258 days ago) @ BlackPete

5 or 6 in 40 caliber, and several dozen in 38 Super as well as 9mm. The 9mm seems to be a better seller as there are more ammo choices. We have done a couple in 10mm, couple in 38 special and 357 Mag but these 2 have to be in the old model Single Six. So all you have to do is fill out the order and send it in with your Single Six.

Thanks you Gary! I will be ordering one.

BlackPete
[subject]
Saturday, February 17, 2018, 15:59 (2258 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Just a note. It shows what I have 327/32-20. And then the 218 Bee. Thanks again a 10mm on a Single Six?
Pete

Pete, do me a favor. Take that damn question mark key off

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, February 17, 2018, 20:24 (2258 days ago) @ BlackPete

your keyboard. You always put that at the end of your sentences and I have no idea if you are asking a question or you just like that damn question mark key.

Yep, a 10mm on a Single Six...

Huey
[subject]
Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:24 (2258 days ago) @ BlackPete

It works great! Lots of power in a compact package.

The great thing about this combo is bullets expand well from this one. By far the best of the big bores on the Single Six frame. Always opt for both cylinders like 38 Super/9mm or 40 S&W/10mm. I didn't, but learned my lesson. They both go back for auxiliary cylinders.

250 GNR question

Brent Clark
[subject]
Saturday, February 17, 2018, 17:26 (2258 days ago) @ Huey

Wondering if anyone has used the GT 55 gr hp cast bullets. Would welcome any data. Gary thought maybe Huey has. I’ve got one in the works and trying to stock up on components. I was able to snag 3 boxes of Hornady 60 gr but know that won’t last long.

http://www.gtbullets.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=66

Brent, I've used lots of the 55 grn GT bullets in mine...

Huey
[subject]
Saturday, February 17, 2018, 21:18 (2258 days ago) @ Brent Clark

They work great. Keeping in mind, I'm not normal.

The load I worked up is extremely useful for my purpose. Where most work up to maximum, I don't always.

I use the cast HP for a walk around pest extinguisher. A load of 4.5 grns of Unique pushed them to 1372 fps in my 6" 250 GNR. Groups were nickel sized at 25 yards.

With the 60 grn Hornady I reached the mid 1700s with a couple powders.

GT bullets

Brent Clark
[subject]
Sunday, February 18, 2018, 08:56 (2257 days ago) @ Huey

Thanks Huey. That sounds like what I’m looking for. Using that combo puts it under the cost of .22mag.
That gets me thinking that I could back off just a little and work up with Universal?

Unique and Universal usually run close, so...

Huey
[subject]
Sunday, February 18, 2018, 09:01 (2257 days ago) @ Brent Clark

I'd think no problem.

Do you have a favorite primer?

Brent Clark
[subject]
Sunday, February 18, 2018, 09:52 (2257 days ago) @ Huey

- No text -

Can't see much difference, pick one...

Huey
[subject]