.50 AE

okie
[subject]
Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 17:14 (2263 days ago)

Do you still build revolvers in .50 AE? I missed buying one at the Tulsa show a few years back and I'm still mad at myself!

I am sure gary does as I saw one in his showcase a

Charles A.
[subject]
Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 17:52 (2263 days ago) @ okie

few weeks back when I stopped by. But your better bet would be the 501 GNR. Huey mentioned it on here I think earlier today. It beats the 50 AE and is rimmed so it works better. Sorry gary if I got my figures wrong.

Charlie is right. We do still chamber the 50 AE

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 17:59 (2263 days ago) @ Charles A.

but unless you only use factory ammo it is a pain to reload without the bullets jumping out and locking up the cylinder. The new 501 GNR that Sean is doing the load testing on right now has considerably more punch than the 50 AE and a lot easier to load. And I have the dies in stock.

.50 AE

okie
[subject]
Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 18:20 (2262 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

For some reason I like the .50 AE, I don't reload as I don't get to shoot much. I have a Freedom Arms in .50 AE that I really like but would like to have a nice custom Ruger Bisley chambered in it. I've heard the horror stories about the bullets jumping crimp and all, even heard about somebody using Loctite or glue to hold the bullets in! I shoot a couple boxes a year and that's about it so its no big deal really. Thanks everybody, never posted on here before but really enjoy the forum!

or just have him do a cylinder for both!

Amede
[subject]
Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 18:00 (2263 days ago) @ Charles A.

- No text -

Did the one at the Tulsa show have an octagon barrel?

Bob Denning
[subject]
Thursday, January 18, 2018, 18:48 (2261 days ago) @ okie

If it did it disappeared because I bought it. I wrapped it in 20 pairs of women’s bras and panties and mailed it to Gary that day. he made a 2 nd cylinder in 500gnr for me because I don’t reload 50ae. Sorry about that. I can send you pics

.50 AE

okie
[subject]
Monday, January 22, 2018, 17:30 (2258 days ago) @ Bob Denning

It sure did! One cool looking bisley you got