some clarification

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 12:08 (2283 days ago)

From some security friends of mine, for those who need some clarification about a term recently allegedly used by Pres Trump, please see below. Been a few of those places myself.....

From a military friend for my other military friends.
You might be deploying to a “Shit Hole”:
1. If your boss tells you to update your Gamma Globulin, Yellow Fever, Malaria, Dysentery, Tetanus and other fun immunizations- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
2. If the Mobilization NCO tells you not to waste your time bringing a radio, or any other electronics, as there is no electricity and there are no signals- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
3. If the Travel Pay folks give you a travel advance and the Per Diem rate is only $8.00/day, for everything- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
4. If the “Area Cultural” briefing is only 30 minutes long, but the briefing on communicable diseases is 3 hours long- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
5. If the “Area Cultural” briefing includes facts that some leaders in the host country keep young boys as sexual slaves- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
6. If the “Area Cultural” briefing includes facts that male members of that society have multiple wives, but also engage in sexual activity with barnyard animals- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
7. If the “Medical Briefing” includes recommendations not to walk barefoot, drink the local water, or eat ANY food on the local economy- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
8. If the “Medical Briefing” includes information that the roadside ditches not only serve as flood control, but also as a common latrine- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
9. If the Daily Report for your new assignment includes an area for “Number of Personnel Med-Evaced” from theater for unknown diseases- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.

You can also add

IC
[subject]
Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 12:35 (2283 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

if the only phrase you learn in the local language is: "Do not move or I will shoot". Yep, that's where you're going.

Nobody wants to hear the truth nowadays, only

Brent Foy
[subject]
Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 15:17 (2283 days ago) @ IC

Some fluffed up line of bullshit far from from the truth. You don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings while they are out rapping and killing young women and children, starving their people and all the other oppressive act they commit.

I once was deployed to South America

Larry Fry
[subject]
Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 15:10 (2283 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

and along the way stopped at several fun in the sun spots like Port Au Prince, San Juan etc. and guess what??? They were Shitholes! Crap on the sidewalks, in the ditches and in the street for crying out loud. Crime rates were around 80 to 90% or higher and we always went in trios or quads.... I hated the GG shot, you can't walk straight for two days after. 3 to 6 weeks before deployment started the shots, looked like the michelin cartoon for a couple of days after. I always wondered if those shots did any good. We had guys that would be in the chow line suddenly keel over and have to be medevac'd to hospitals in the states for treatment as the locals had no idea of what was wrong. Got news for all the Democrats that having a problem with Trump calling a spade a spade, there are a lot more shitholes in the world than there are USA's!

Well said.

SPB
[subject]
Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 16:51 (2283 days ago) @ Larry Fry

- No text -

Having been to the lovely island if Hispaniola

Shawn Davis
[subject]
Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 19:51 (2283 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

And numerous countries on four continents I can safely say the term "shithole" is being generous! Yet, paradoxically, the island itsself is a tropical paradise. So, why is Haiti the poorest nation in the Western hemisphere? Because of the corrupt shithole government!

When there, I will get stopped numerous times by any lowlife cop or federale with any authority and obliged to pay the "gringo tax" if I want to do any business there; all the government officials need to be paid off. Foreign aid coming into the country largely goes to the government officials; it rarely reaches the little people who are kept just at subsistence levels.

Want to speak out? Change the system? Have the means to defend yourself? Didn't pay off the right person for some sham you were accused of? You will be beaten, jailed, or perhaps killed with no recourse.

If these places are so wonderful, why is everyone clamoring to get the hell out? Haitian boat people anyone? Funny thing, this was Obama's dream (for us) from his father!