if you haven't seen the new Ruger "Officer's style" 9mm yet

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, January 12, 2018, 15:30 (2293 days ago)

Colleen was at the mini SHOT show last week and they promised her one of the first off the line. It is a great feeling 9mm and not as short and cumbersome as the Colt Officer's Model. It has plenty of room for your hand on the gripframe. The action is smooth and overall the gun is a great little 9mm. The alloy frame makes it light enough to carry all day with no problems. I wouldn't feel undergunned carrying it for self defense.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Saw that on Ruger's website earlier today. Those

ChrisG
[subject]
Friday, January 12, 2018, 15:36 (2293 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

should sell well!

I've changed my attitude on the 9mm a bit

WB
[subject]
Friday, January 12, 2018, 16:10 (2293 days ago) @ ChrisG

It handles so well and is easy to shoot accurately, like a .22 almost. The new ammo is light years ahead of that in my youth. Roman just gave in and ordered him a Glock 19 Gen 4 used gun. It has (7) mags so I thought it helped bring the price value down. I tried to talk him into a much cheaper .40 version and we could drop a barrel in it to convert it to 9mm with options to shoot both calibers. Nope, he WANTED a 9mm. He paid for it with Christmas money so he got what he wanted.

I've read the 1911 platform 9mm and variations have special needs in design compared to the .45. I mean if they can get it to feed .38 Super a hundred years ago how could a little tapered 9mm be an issue? That little Ruger looks nice. I assume it has no barrel bushing and a multi-layered recoil spring? It is a pinned swinging "linked" locked barrel?!

Scotty, I have 4 of the G19 gen4's.

Larry Fry
[subject]
Friday, January 12, 2018, 16:16 (2293 days ago) @ WB

Obviously I like them quite a lot. They are great all day carry guns and in a yaqui style holster can be concealed under a shirt even in the summer. The Glock folks told be that the reason the guide rod is polymer is because of a slight swing in the barrel as it locks up. They did NOT RECOMMEND replacing it with the metal ones like some folks have done on the Gen 3 and before. I left mine factory and have not had a misfire and all shoot better than I can. With something like the Hornady LE 135 grain loads they will get small game and stop two legged game as well.....

Denning shot a Doe with a G19 or 23

WB
[subject]
Friday, January 12, 2018, 16:27 (2293 days ago) @ Larry Fry

I'm sure it was a target of opportunity but it did the deed with one shot I think. I have a few 9mm including a SA and they all shoot great. The little round is not all that fun to load, it's very small and tapered. The case gets thick very fast so those 147's with that "tapered" or BT looking bottom are for a reason. I've loaded SWC 158's in there but it has to stick out some, as the barrel throating allows. At 1000 fps it's a very good .38 +P repeater! The Browning HP loves them.

9mm is quickly becoming the (open) darling of self defense in America. Not near as many want the same gun in .40, it recoils to sharpy. But you can find fantastic .40 deals too. I'm a sucker for those, it's 85% a full 10mm anyway. Like stepping back 50 yds. with that 10mm Auto everyone thinks is a cannon. I've seen G22's for less than $300.

That was a dumb lucky shot

Bob Denning
[subject]
Monday, January 15, 2018, 14:49 (2290 days ago) @ WB

Glock 17 with gold dot hp’s. The 2x3 buck. Was 70 yards on the hillside to my house. The glock was the only gun I had in my truck. The factory glock sights suck at that distance so I aimed center mass. Dropped to the shot but was kicking around. I ran up to the deer before he got up to shoot again but my first shot hit him in the spine. Even I get lucky sometimes. Thanks for letting me relive that sir Boggs

I had a Colt Commander in 9mm

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Friday, January 12, 2018, 20:05 (2293 days ago) @ WB

ran thousands of rounds through it without a bobble ... probably one of the guns I wish I had kept .. heavy enough that you could do rapid fire strings and not get tired of "holding it down"..

Jim, I too had a one and regret letting it go.

SPB
[subject]
Saturday, January 13, 2018, 08:28 (2292 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

- No text -

I feel like a traitor, but their new 9mm Carbine...

Huey
[subject]
Friday, January 12, 2018, 15:45 (2293 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Sure has my attention for a yard gun.

it would sure keep the cats off your porch

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, January 12, 2018, 15:49 (2293 days ago) @ Huey

- No text -

Colleen handled one at the mini SHOT show last week and

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, January 12, 2018, 22:40 (2293 days ago) @ Huey

was impressed with them. Especially the one that uses Glock magazines.

MINE IS ON THE WAY ALONG WITH SR1911 9 TARGET MODEL

JT
[subject]
Friday, January 12, 2018, 17:03 (2293 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

if it is half the gun the other 2 are it will be a winner

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, January 12, 2018, 22:42 (2293 days ago) @ JT

I am really impressed by all the Ruger 1911s, especially the lightweight 9mms.