another one for the in stock list. This is one of our

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, December 06, 2017, 17:29 (2326 days ago)

Javelina Classics in 255 Banshee. A surprisingly powerful little cartridge, great for medium size critters like Javelina, small deer, coyotes and such. Easy to load, it is based on the 22 Hornet opened up to take a 257 caliber bullet. It has an 8" heavy barrel for full powder burn and better accuracy. It has the Gunfighter Grip with ivory Corian grips made and fit to it.It has the interchangeable blade front sight with the gold bead blade. It has had the full Positive Performance Package done to it. It is finished in a soft satin Vapor Honed Black Chromex finish with contrasting satin stainless small parts. The Javelina Classic is normally $1395 on your base gun which would put it somewhere north of $2000. It is sale priced at $1495 plus shipping.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

The .255 Banshee is my "most fun" cartridge revolver

WB
[subject]
Thursday, December 07, 2017, 08:18 (2326 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I remember Bowen talking about his small bores he is so fond of, too small to be pressured into service after game obviously unsuited. You can relax and have fun with them. The Banshee is actually more of an "improved, improved, .25-K Hornet" for those who have not followed it. You simply use the dies to open .22 Hornet cases to .257" and fire a projectile with 8-9 grs. of your favorite Hornet powder. This blows the case walls straight and gives a sharp little shoulder and ample neck to hold the bullet. Crimps are not necessary. Bullet weights range from 60-100 grs. or so and lots of .25-20 projectiles are perfect. Case capacity is basically the same as the .250 GNR round on the .32 H&R but in a longer case. It holds 11-13 grs. of suitable powder after forming and has quite a blast and flash for so little powder. I have had very good case life and little issue.

That Javelina Classic is an 8_shot and would make an outstanding revolver for a loader/tinkerer who is bored with main stream and enjoys shooting a lot for cheap. Trajectory is flat as a banjo string and it's no pop gun for sure. A heck of a deal with no waiting for one to be built. I LOVE mine.

[image]

we have had several of the Misfits take small bodied

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, December 07, 2017, 10:23 (2326 days ago) @ WB

deer with the 240 and the 255 Banshee. Our Coues Deer and the Key Deer in Florida would be perfect for this caliber as would someone wanting a smaller doe for eating.