Gary’s, do you know if the extractor/ejector is the same on

SPB
[subject]
Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 10:47 (2295 days ago)

Glocks chambered in 9mm and 40 S&W. It appears that the recoil springs are the same, just pondering as Waterboy does.

Not much difference anyway...

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 11:28 (2295 days ago) @ SPB

If they had different part numbers I'd want a 9 in my 40 anyway. My .45 extractor pulls 10, .40, 9 and .45, all, out just fine. The overly generous tolerances that make it so reliable also allow some "interesting" things that are sure to get you kicked out of any LE meeting on the Austrian wonder.

The no.1 paramount issue is to make certain the case has sufficient support for firing in the barrel chamber. I sometimes make special modifications to ensure some extra "locked" time for some of my personal antics. I do not want to be holding a piece of plastic that goes BOOM!

I dropped in an aftermarket 9mm

Bob Denning
[subject]
Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 13:03 (2295 days ago) @ WB

barrel in my 40. It extracted most (about 75%) of the time with no problems. I went down and bought a new extractor to go with the barrel.

Bob, I like the "extracted most of the time" part

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 13:07 (2295 days ago) @ Bob Denning

Only you and WB would take a perfectly good factory barrel out and replace it with an "extracted most of the time" barrel and extractor.

God, I'm glad I don't work on my guns

jthomson
[subject]
Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 16:04 (2295 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

we get guns in pretty much every single day where

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 16:33 (2295 days ago) @ jthomson

the owners have done their own gunsmithing, especially AR-15s. And in most cases they have ruined parts by forcing them to fit in the gun without the proper tools. Action jobs on revolvers is another that comes in quite often along with action jobs on semi autos where the owners have filed down the sear and now they have a full auto pistol.

The guys that show videos on the internet about how to take guns down and do work on them should be made to show some license or proof that they know what they are doing as they cause most of these problems. That is a reason why I don't allow anyone on here to tell someone specifically how to fix a gun or work on one. I don't need a lawsuit or even a headache because of that crap.

So did you get 100% extraction with the 9mm extractor?

SPB
[subject]
Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 13:43 (2295 days ago) @ Bob Denning

- No text -

they are different parts and different part numbers

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 11:39 (2295 days ago) @ SPB

stay with what Glock suggests.Don't dick around and ruin your gun or your eyes. Unless you are a registered Glock armorer stick with Glock parts. Glock is the #1 semi auto in the world. Some of the aftermarket parts are OK but for the most part, if it made the gun better like the extended slide release and ambi slide release, Glock would already have it on the gun.

Ok, thank you. Appreciate the feedback.

SPB
[subject]
Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 12:00 (2295 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Glock extractor parts

Burban
[subject]
Thursday, December 07, 2017, 13:55 (2293 days ago) @ SPB

Ditto on previous comments about them being different parts.
According to Glock themselves
https://us.glock.com/documents/FRM-72-26.xls

See also
https://eu.glock.com/downloads/Gen4-EN.pdf